Vaporizers I own: Volcano Digit, Davinci Ascent
Pros of Aromed:
1) I can inhale for a good 20 seconds with no issues whatsoever. It's a really smooth vape. I can't do this with the Volcano.
2) Taste is really good. It's not as good on the Davinci in my opinion, maybe because it's getting a little water filtration. I'd say the taste is actually a little better than the Volcano because the vape is always fresh (rather than sitting idle in a bag for a while).
3) The draw resistance isn't bad at all. It's not as good as the volcano, where there is practically ZERO draw resistance, but the draw resistance here is hardly noticeable.
4) It doesn't take much to fill up the chamber and get a good vape sesh. .5 grams is pushing it for capacity, depending on how you prep it. I use a space case grinder and average .3 to .5 grams per use.
5) Aside from the glass pieces, this thing is built to last. The heating element is separate from the rest of the unit which is good for longevity of all electrical components inside the main unit.
Cons of Aromed:
1) The glass pieces. Horrible design, I'm sorry. I have generously oiled the stem each time before use and 3 of my first 4 times it fused together with the basin. I finally separated the damn thing each time but not without chipping the lip of the basin. It's just frustrating because this is a known issue and has not been addressed. If it's going to fuse together, it needs to ship with some industrial grade lube or something. And I've tried everything. Like, I've tried hooking the stem/chamber piece to the heating element BEFORE sticking it in the water reservoir but it still stuck. I've resorted to a thin piece of foam (like band-aid thin) that I wrap around the stem connector before attaching it to the water reservoir. This seems to work.
2) Set up and take down times. This is amplified by the fact that I can't use it as intended and have to rig it so that the stem doesn't get stuck each time. But after vaping for a while, you sometimes don't feel like doing ANYTHING. With the volcano, it's eezy peezy and all you have is a bag to put away. Here, you have the herb chamber, water rig, tubing, and it's just more of an operation to take down and clean. It is a bit more prep work and take down work. So if you are self-described as incredibly lazy, go for something else.
3) It's gonna cost an extra $25 for you to use concentrates. Most other vapes that allow this feature include the pad. But here, you have to purchase it separately.
4) I was under the impression that unless I was breathing in, there wouldn't be any vaping. But when I'm not breathing in, toward the first 5 draws of my vape session, I can see vapor leaving the herbs and just swirling in the herb chamber.
5) It's kind of a pain in the ass to actually stoke the herbs around mid session. You have to unhook the lamp and then stick something down a long chamber. With the volcano the herb chamber is must shallower and it's kind of natural to do this inbetween bags, but with this, you have to wonder if it's worth whatever effort it takes to remove the setup and move the herb around. And you will need a pipe stoker or something to get down in there. You can't just flick the side of the herb chamber with your finger to shake it up. You actually have to take it apart.
6) When you first hook the herb chamber to the heating element, there is an audible snap. It's actually not as hard as other people made it sound. But after the unit is heated up for a while, there is no longer any snap to take it on and off. So, if you stoke your herbs mid session and re hook the lamp, there will be no snap to ensure proper fit. This usually means that you have to twist the neck so it's applying pressure downward on the glass pieces to make sure it's tight. Otherwise you will notice a little lift from the lamp and where it is supposed to hook into the chamber.
All in all... I go to it when I'm vaping by myself (the whip is pretty short) because the vape quality and draw resistance is top notch. If I'm with friends or am traveling to a friends house, I will use the volcano because of ease of use.